You may or may not have heard the term ‘white glove logistics’, which is a growing sector that handles the transportation and installation of hi-tech equipment. From huge medical scanners to touch screen vending machines and ATMs, the white glove technician is qualified to work with complex technical equipment and there are a few established providers in the UK.
Wide Range of Services
The white glove logistics specialist would offer a number of special services, which include the following:
- Final Mile Delivery – The provider would take control over the hi-tech equipment close to the end site and they would be responsible for moving the equipment into place, securing it down and configuring it, ready for use. Hospitals require the installation of many types of technical equipment; CT and MRI scanners and X-Ray equipment, to name a few of the machines they use, which must be delivered, installed, configured and tested. The leading UK white glove company is Rhenus High Tech, who are final mile delivery specialists who really know their stuff.
- Data Centres – The white glove team can build a data centre from scratch, relocate an existing one, or dismantle and replace units, as requested. The logistics experts are manufacturer-approved to work on the servers and can install the racking and put the servers online, integrating it into the network.
- Fitness Equipment – Next time you are in the gym, take a look at all the state-of-the-art equipment, which has been located and installed by a team of specialists. When everything is online and working, the technicians are able to train staff how to use it, which is an invaluable service that every fitness centre would need. Here is some useful information about the technology used in businesses today, which makes for an interesting read.
- Access Control Systems – Sporting arenas, concert halls, train stations and other large buildings require state of the art access control systems, which are delivered and installed by the white glove logistics company. It requires intense product training to be able to work with such equipment and you must be approved by the OEM in order to work with the complex and very costly equipment.
- Vending Machine Installation – A new generation of touch screen vending machines are evolving and specialised handling is required, while the white glove logistics company might also take on the maintenance contract for such machines.
- WEEE Installation, replacement & Disposal – WEEE stands for Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment, which must be disposed of responsibly. The white glove logistics firm can replace a large corporation’s IT equipment, while setting up the hew hardware and also disposing of the old hardware.
The manufacturer of a million-pound scanner will not allow anyone to go near the equipment unless they have been approved to work on the said equipment. The technicians often have to attend training seminars and workshops in order to keep abreast with the complex workings of technical equipment, and unless they do, they are not permitted to handle the equipment.
If you are in need of hi-tech logistics, a Google search is all it takes to find a white glove logistics provider, who can handle the whole operation.
Leave a Reply