Moving a house can be a pleasant and also a painful experience at the same time. From planning your move to the day of moving, it takes a lot of attention to details and time management. There are many costs to consider when you are moving house, but it does have to break the bank. Many of these costs can be easily tackled with planning in advance.
What Can Affect Your Moving Cost
When calculating moving costs, remember to factor in all possible moving expenses which includes the following:-
- Travel fees add up quickly if you are moving a long distance. These fees take into account fuel costs, as well as labor costs for the time it will take for the movers to get from house A to house B.
- If you are moving a lot of things, the move will not only take longer to complete, but your shipment will also be heavier. This can result in a cost increase. The more items you have to move, the more expensive your move will be.
- Hiring movers to pack your things is convenient but this could cost you an extra few hundred bucks or more.
- The cost of your move will be affected by any add-on services you choose to include. This includes disassembling and reassembling furniture, moving of specialty items such as artwork, and the moving supplies provided by movers like as stretch wrap, felt pads and mattress bags.
- If you choose to have a moving company hold or store all belongings before, during or after a move, be prepared to pay extra for this service. Storage rates vary from moving company to moving company, so be sure to ask for specifics.
- When you move is just as important as how you move. The specific date of your move can affect the price dramatically like a weekend move and/or a move during peak season tends to cost much more than a week-day, off-season move.
Easy Ways to Cut Moving Costs
Here are several easy ways to cut costs when moving to a new home.
- The easiest way to save money on a move is to simply do a KonMari method. Declutter and get rid of unnecessary household items. Donate unnecessary furniture, clothing and knick-knacks.
- Try asking friends and family for their help so that you do not have to pay for professional movers or labor assistance.
- Another simple way to slash moving costs is to find free moving boxes and supplies from local liquor stores, large chain stores or grocery stores.
- You would be surprised how much money you can save by packing yourself. While many professional movers offer some sort of packing assistance, this service does not come cheap. Packing rates vary from moving company to moving company but are sure to cost at least several hundred dollars.
- When you move can make a big difference in the overall cost of your relocation. In general, it is best to opt for a mid-month, mid-week move. During this period, the demand for moving companies is lower and therefore, costs are lower as well. Also, avoid moving during this peak moving season. Instead, opt for a late fall to winter move to save on costs.
- Before hiring a moving company, be sure to shop around for the best price. Obtain quotes from multiple movers at Shiply, an online transport marketplace which has a network of rated shipping companies on their platform. By just filling up some basic information on their simple form online, you will receive personalized quotes sent to your email. This gives you one simple space where you can compare services and choose the best service for you. There is a rated feedback system on their platform which allows you to see previous reviews by users of the moving company.
Take the hassle out of your shipping needs with reliable, convenient and affordable shipping methods through Shiply.
To read more on topics like this, check out the House category
Leave a Reply