If you are definitely not one to follow trends and are a creative person who wants to stamp their personality on their living space, this article was written with you in mind. Of course, there are many ways that you can personalise your home, depending on your tastes; here are a few examples of unique home features that you might like to consider.
- Custom aquarium – There are specialist companies that design, fabricate and install feature aquariums and they can easily be found with a Google search. The supplier would send a technician to your home, where you can discuss design and fish species and with the right lighting, your new customised aquarium will be a major feature in your living room.
- Textured paint – There are stunning marble effect paints from a leading Thai supplier of top quality paint products, which are also non-toxic and there are many stunning designs to transform your home. You can really get creative with your interior décor using state of the art textured paint products, check out the supplier’s website for more details.
- Water wall – The latest generation of interior/exterior water walls require virtually no maintenance and with coloured LED lighting in the background, you can enjoy the sound of running water, which is very soothing, along with the visual display. If you are a DIY buff, this would make for a challenging project and with YouTube videos, installation is much easier; failing that, call in a specialist provider who will handle the entire project, which can be completed in a single day.
- Glass – This unique material offers the homeowner many options; you could have a stained-glass feature in the hallway, or a glass partition, which could be smoked, then there’s glass balustrades, which are ideal for the futuristic home. Why not build a conservatory and fill it with exotic plants? Talk to an experienced glazier about home features and you might be surprised at what can be done with glass. Click here for more information about using glass in the home.
- Painted murals – With the right background colour, you could commission a local artist to create a landscape or some abstract art that says something about you. If you have a talent for art, why not go yourself? If it doesn’t turn out as you would have liked, you can always paint over it.
- Go smart – There are many ways that you can make your home ‘smart’, indeed, that is where the future is leading; using state-of-the-art digital tech, you can control every system in your home from a single interface, which is bound to wow any visitors! Have your lighting voice activated and invest in an Alexa, which will open the smart door, so to speak. Talk to an IT specialist about smart home technology and turn your home into tomorrow’s normal.
The above are just a few ideas on how to make your home a little different and with a little creativity and a small budget, you can create a living space that is unique.